Early Connections – Coffs Coast – collects and administers a range of personal information for its designated purposes. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies a person.
Early Connections – Coffs Coast recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways that they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other.
This document sets out a framework for Early Connections – Coffs Coast in dealing with privacy considerations connected to the website.
Early Connections – Coffs Coast is bound by NSW Privacy Laws; the Information Privacy Act 2000; the National Privacy Principles, as well as other laws that impose specific obligations. The organisation has adopted the National Privacy Principles as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
This means that Early Connections – Coffs Coast will:
- Collect only information which the association requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access;
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
The Management Committee will:
- Retain overall responsibility for adopting this policy.
The Managers will:
- Ensure that all staff members, contractors and volunteers are aware of this policy;
- Monitor changes in Privacy legislation and for reviewing this policy as and when the need arises.
All Early Connections – Coffs Coast staff, Board / Management Committee members and volunteers at all levels will adhere to the principles outlined below:
We will only collect information that is necessary for the performance and primary function of Early Connections – Coffs Coast.
- We will notify stakeholders about why we collect the information and how it is administered.
- We will notify stakeholders that this information is accessible to them.
- We will give stakeholders the option of not identifying themselves when completing evaluation forms or opinion surveys.
Use and Disclosure
- We will only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose.
- For any other uses we will obtain consent from the affected person.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to- date, and relevant to the functions we perform.
Data Security and Retention
We will safeguard the information we collect and store against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification.
We will destroy obsolete records in accordance with the designated guidelines.
Access and Correction
Ensure individuals have a right to seek access to information held about them and to correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
Making information available to other service providers / a 3rd Party
- Can only release personal information about a person with that person’s expressed permission. For personal information to be released, the person concerned must sign a release form.
- Can release information to third parties where it is requested by the person concerned.
Early Connections – Coffs Coast does not collect personal information from individuals who only browse the website.
Early Connections – Coffs Coast will collect personal information from individuals that choose to complete online forms or contact us by email, for example when individuals:
- ask to be on an email list;
- make a written enquiry to us;
- send an application to us;
- complete an online survey on our website;
- Email subscriptions and Conditions of Subscription;
Your personal information is collected for the purpose of maintaining mailing lists and answering your queries. This information will not be disclosed except as authorised by law.
The following conditions apply to subscriptions to our mailing lists.
Subscribers may cancel their subscription to the mailing lists at any time.
A subscription can be cancelled by emailing email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line of the email.