Presented by: Rachel Kilbourne (Speech Pathologist) & Kanti Saraswati (Speech Pathologist)
Key Word Sign (formerly known as Makaton) is a simplified form of manual signing, designed for use with children and adults who have communication difficulties. On completion of this workshop the participants will:
- Learn and practice a basic vocabulary of approx. 80 interactive signs
- Identify what key word signs are
- Know how key word signing supports communication
- Know who signing is used with
- Use signs in everyday activities
- Choose useful vocabulary tailored to the individual
Come along and learn how to use Key Word Sign to communicate with our children/clients in a fun and friendly environment.
Date: 8 March 2017
Time: 9.00am to 3.00pm
Cost: Free for enrolled families or $100 per person.
Location: 13 Kane Crescent, Coffs Harbour