Circle of Security Parenting Program
We are proud to provide our Circle of Security ® Parenting™ Program to enrolled families. This has been highly successful with our parents, reporting it has helped them reflect on their relationship with their child and improved it.
At times, as parents we feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. So imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. This parenting program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Using the COS-P model developed by the Circle of Security originators, our trained Facilitators work with parents and caregivers to help you:
- Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs.
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage their emotions.
- Enhance the development of your child’s self-esteem.
- Honour the innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure.
Why choose Circle of Security training?
- Focuses on the relationship you have with your children, and the emotional security they need.
- Supports parents / carers and children to manage their feelings.
- Acknowledges that parenting is hard.
- Provides a roadmap to support you in your parenting.
How can it support your child's behaviour?
- Parents and carers can learn to look beyond the immediate behaviour and think about how to meet the relationship needs so children learn to handle difficult feelings in a safe and secure way.
- By strengthening the relationship between the child and parent.
- By supporting children to organise their feelings and reassuring them that it will be okay.
Early Connections has six trained facilitators on the team who can facilitate this Program. Our team runs highly successful groups with parents each Term as well as individual sessions with parents where requested.